103 Chain House Lane, Whitestake, Preston, PR4 4LB, UK
Telephone: Call 01772 335930
Hydrotherapy for Dogs
Why Hydrotherapy for dogs is good for your dog
Hydrotherapy for dogs is a truly wonderful form of non weight bearing exercise. It uses almost every muscle in the body while placing no undue pressure on the joints. Our large warm pool allows your dog to exercise and move freely in a safe, clean and controlled environment.
Hydrotherapy for dogs is great for :
- The Agility dog: To improve muscle tone and cardio-vascular fitness.
- The Show dog: For that tip top condition.
- It's for dogs that have energy to burn.
- Overweight dogs that need to shed a few pounds.
- Old dogs that are struggling to get around: Will benefit from the relief of pain, swelling and stiffness
- Breeds of dogs that just love to swim: For example Newfoundland, Leonberger and Labrador, Retrievers.
- Puppies: Particularly large breeds that must have restricted exercise as they grow.
- Dogs with behavioural problems: Most behavioural problems are caused by a lack of exercise
- All dogs benefit from the improved state of mental wellbeing that exercise brings.
- All dogs can benefit from learning to swim just in case your dogs ever falls into water
Just like humans, dogs sometimes suffer from an injury and Hydrotherapy for Dogs is an excellent way to rehabilitate and excellent results have been achieved for the following conditions:
- Hip and Elbow dysplasia
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD)
- Cruciate ligament rupture
- Patella luxation
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Intervertebral disc rupture
- Spondylosis and Spondylitis
Why you should take your dogs swimming
- Dogs need a lot of exercise and you don't have enough hours in the day.
- You may be injured but your dog needs exercise.
- Your dog need expert help during recovery from surgery or injury
Before your dog comes for its first swim, whether that is for fun & fitness or rehabilitation, we require a completed consent form from your vet. This makes sure we have an up to date history so we can provide the best experience for you and your dog.
Interested in Dog Massage? Check out these posts:
Leave a Reply