ABC would like to reassure those within the Hydrotherapy industry that the purpose and fundamental approach for this qualification isn’t changing significantly. However there have been changes to regulatory approaches that ABC are subject to. ABC Awards have been working with industry specialists and advisorsfor these qualifications to ensure that the replaced qualifications are what is required by learners and employers and link to delivery and Trade Associations.
Level 3 Certificate in Hydrotherapy for Small Animals
ABC are delighted to confirm that it will be launching a replacement, Level 3 Certificate in Hydrotherapy, regulated qualification in the New Year.
Canine Therapies will be able to continue to register learners on the current Level 3 Certificate in Hydrotherapy until August 31st 2019. We will also have until the 31st December 2019 to ensure Learners registered on the current qualification have completed and that ABC has had sufficient time to moderate and award the Learners. All previously awarded L3 Certificates in Hydrotherapy will and will still be recognised, the qualification is simply being replaced with an updated version.
We will be attending a workshop in the New Year to help us understand the final improvements to the replaced qualification and in order for us to be able to assure our previous, current and future Learners. This approach is in order for ABC to help and support centres by providing sufficient notice and support for planning improvements to our current training as a result of the improvements to the qualification.
Level 3 Diploma in Hydrotherapy for Small Animals
As such ABC are delighted to confirm that it will be launching a replacement qualification in the New Year, a new innovative Level 4 regulated qualification in Hydrotherapy that we believe will further support Learners, centres and the industry.
Canine Therapies will be able to continue to register learners on the current Level 3 Diploma in Hydrotherapy until August 31st 2019. We will also have until the 31st December 2019 to ensure Learners registered on the current qualification have completed and that ABC has had sufficient time to moderate and award the Learners. All previously awarded L3 Diplomas in Hydrotherapy will and will still be recognised, the qualification is simply being replaced with an updated version. We will be attending a workshop in the New Year to help us understand the final improvements to the replaced qualification and in order for us to be able to assure their previous, current and future Learners. This approach is in order for ABC to help and support centres by providing sufficient notice and support for planning any improvements to our current training as a result of the improvements to the qualification.
An exciting time ahead for the leading awarding organisation within this sector!
At Canine Therapies we recognise that it is easy to discover a course of learning which seems to offer you your dream job opportunities, only to find that the requirements for study may be different from your expectations. For this reason we would encourage you to complete the application form and answer the questions during the telephone interview as honestly as you can, so that we can assess whether this particular course is suitable for you. We need to know your background knowledge and skills, and also any difficulties you may have in accessing the course, including any learning difficulties, so that we can identify any ways in which we can help you.
There are 10 units, each with their own learning outcomes. The first one, Introduction to Canine Hydrotherapy, is just what is says, and this give a flavour of the rest of the course, touching briefly on the remaining elements. You are strongly advised to complete this unit before embarking on others, which may then be tackled in any order.
The assessment pages of each learning outcome should be printed and kept in a portfolio which is brought to your practical days. Feedback will be given on this as well as on your practical work and time will be set aside to discuss it individually. It will be helpful for assessment purposes if your portfolio is kept in sections relating to each module.
If, at any stage, you find you are struggling with one of the modules you are advised to contact me as soon as possible either by telephone or e-mail, because when you are learning on your own it is easy to lose motivation if there is something you don’t understand. It may be that other students have hit the same problem, and we may need to improve how we present that part of the course, so getting in touch is not an admission of failure!
In some cases we may suggest that the course is not suitable for you. This decision is a two-way process: we will evaluate your application and then have a telephone interview before you commit yourself.
- Complete the booking form and submit it online or by post;
- Informal telephone interview within 2 weeks;
- Following a successful telephone interview you will be sent an enrollment form by post or e-mail
- Complete enrollment form and send, along with course fees and photo evidence (eg, drivers licence, passport, current work ID card etc);
- You will then be given access to the course materials within a further 2 weeks, including a ring binder containing course information and space if you choose to print all the course content, and a clip folder to use for your portfolio for your assessment evidence.
We really hope you enjoy this course, and look forward to meeting you for the practical days!
|Complete course covering all the modules
required to gain your Certificate
* (after completion of theory)
** plus any further practical experience you may require
The above courses include practical assessments, theory assignments and case studies.
Course fees include course materials, tutorials, lunch and refreshments.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for cancellation policy.
Level 3 Diploma in Hydrotherapy for Small Animals
Level 3 Certificate in Hydrotherapy for Small Animals – on application, as this is tailored to each student.
- Understanding Canine Behaviour 26th Oct 2018 3 credits £285.00
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology 20th-21st Oct 2018 9 credits £500.00
- Intro to Hydrotherapy Treadmill Therapy TBA 3 credits £258.00
- Advanced Hydrotherapy Treadmill Therapy TBA 6 credits £500.00
ABC LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA
CANINE BEHAVIOUR FOR SMALL ANIMAL HYDROTHERAPY
FRIDAY 26THOCTOBER 2018
Click here to download the booking form
Canine Behaviour Form 2018
Online Application Form
Please fill in the form below or print out the PDF Application Form and post it to us (address on the form)
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Please complete your details clearly and print your name in the way you would like it to appear on certificates.
- Payment is required in full at the time of booking.
- Payment methods: by cheque, bank transfer or by credit or debit card over the phone. Cheques should be payable to Canine Therapies.
- Places will be reserved for up to 10 working days after an agreement to participate has been made following a successful telephone interview; until payment has been received the booking is not considered to have been completed and you will not be given access to course materials.
- The cost of the course is inclusive of online course materials and practical days.
- Students will be expected to provide their own wetsuit and suitable footwear for practical sessions. These will be necessary during the practical days of both Modules 1 and 2.
- Students are reminded that, when wet, you may feel cold more quickly than usual so warm clothing is strongly recommended.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- Cancellations of booking a course may be made at any time providing no part of the course has been made accessible to you.
- If access has been granted to the online course materials no refund will be given.
- If the booking fee has been received by Canine Therapies and you decide to cancel before access to course material is made available to you, a full refund will be made, minus £20 for administrative costs.
- If, following a telephone interview, it is agreed that this course is not suitable for you, a full refund will be given if payment has already been made.
- A good command of spoken and written English language is required, equivalent to CSE grade 1, GCSE grades A – D, GCE ‘O’ level grades A – E. Overseas students with English not being their first language should contact Canine Therapies to discuss language qualifications and their eligibility for the course.
- All students must be 18 years or over.
- This course includes practical work with dogs of all sizes in water and on land. You should be physically able to complete all elements of the course within 2 years of registration.
- Car parking is available on site, and off the road. Cars are parked at the owners’ risk, and Canine Therapies cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or property.
- All course materials remain the property of Canine Therapies and their use is restricted under copyright law.
- Canine Therapies has a no smoking policy in all working areas.
- The use of photographic equipment is restricted and its use must have the written permission of Canine Therapies staff and/or the owner/client.
- Each potential student is responsible for ensuring that the course is suitable for their requirements. There is a description of the course online, and telephone queries are welcomed if there is any uncertainty about suitability or about the special needs of students.
Please note: Any infringement of copyright, or any incidents of plagiarism are not allowed. These matters are taken very seriously and will be followed up.